Founded in 1607, Justus Liebig University Giessen (JLU) is a research university rich in tradition. Inspired by curiosity about the unknown, we enable around 28,000 students and 5,700 employees to advance science for society. Join us in breaking new ground and writing success stories – your own and those of our university.
Support us from 01.04.2022 in full-time as a
Research Associate (m/f/d) (Postdoc)
The position is to be filled for the duration of three years in the frame of the DFG funded project “Comparison of language ideologies in the Soviet Union and the current Russian Federation – Continuity, ruptures, and new orientations” at the Chair of Slavic Philology–Linguistics (Prof. Dr. Monika Wingender), Department of Slavic Studies at the Faculty of Language, Literature, Culture. The salary is in accordance with the collective labour agreement of the State of Hessen (E 13 TV-H).
Your tasks at a glance
- Compilation of the project corpus, pilot studies, computer-aided discourse and corpus analyses, comparative and diachronic analyses of language ideologies
- Preparation and coordination of guided interviews, analyses of the interviews
- Writing of publications on the project topic, coordination and editing of the collective project volume
- Research and evaluation of project literature, research trips
- Organisation of project workshops as well as project meetings, coordination of the cooperation with international project partners
Your qualifications and competences
- Completed Master‘s or equivalent university degree as well as PhD in Slavic linguistics
- Very good (possibly native) knowledge of Russian, very good knowledge of English, preferably good knowledge of German
- Considerable experience with interdisciplinary issues and methods of linguistics as well as with discourse analyses
- Very good knowledge regarding the development of language situations in the Soviet Union as well as the Russian Federation
- Experience in international research cooperations
Our offer to you
- A varied job with flexible working hours
- Free use of local public transport (LandesTicket Hessen)
- More than 100 training seminars, workshops and e-learning opportunities per year for personal development, as well as a wide range of health and sports activities.
- Remuneration according to TV-H, company pension scheme, child allowance and special payments
- Good compatibility of family and career (certificate „audit familiengerechte hochschule“)
JLU aims to employ more women in academic research. We therefore particularly encourage female candidates to apply. JLU is regarded as a family-friendly university. Applicants with children are very welcome. Applications from disabled people of equal aptitude will be given preference.
You want to break new ground with us?
Apply via our online form by January 31st, 2022 indicating reference number 697/05. We look forward to receiving your application.